Constraint Mitten (CMIT)
Available in sizes small, medium and large for left and right handedRead More +
Where there is some recovery of motor activity, patients may become accustomed to using their unaffected arm (termed ‘learned non-use’), By restricting activity in the unaffected arm, use of the affected arm is encouraged. This treatment is called “Constraint Induced Movement Therapy” (CIMT).
Conventional methods of constraining the upper limb have included the use of a splint and sling, but this raises concerns of patient safety, ability to use a walking aid and the use of the unaffected arm for bilateral tasks.
SKU: 00-003-0005 (Small, left handed)
SKU: 00-003-0006 (Small, right handed)
SKU: 00-003-0003 (Medium, left handed)
SKU: 00-003-0004 (Medium, right handed)
SKU: 00-003-0001 (Large, left handed)
SKU: 00-003-0002 (Large, right handed)
- The design of the C-MIT, enables the unaffected arm to maintain its role in balance and bilateral tasks.
- The high friction palm enables patients to continue to effectively grip a walking aid.
- A plastic insert and internal padding restricts thumb opposition and wrist activity.
- The mesh upper-side and internal structure increases air circulation to prevent heat build up and improves patient comfort.
- The C-MIT itself is designed to be oversized, to limit any temptation to use the unaffected hand and to remain as a visual reminder to prompt use of the stroke arm.
How to Order
Our Opening Hours
Mon - Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat - Sun: Closed